What: Release and Celebration of Development without Displacement Report
When: Monday, April 7th, 5:30pm
Where: Fruitvale Senior Center, 3301 E.12th street, suite 201, at Fruitvale BART
“Development Without Displacement: Resisting Gentrification”-buy your report online at
Use the report as a tool to stop gentrification in your neighborhood!
• Learn which neighborhoods in the Bay Area are vulnerable or at risk to gentrification;
• Use policy recommendations designed to support organizers and advocates in identifying appropriate solutions for their communities;
• Learn organizing strategies that will help bring this vision to light;
• Understand how gentrification works and what you can do in your own neighborhood;
• Learn about the stories of real people impacted by gentrification and displacement and their fights to stay in their communities.
“I think it’s important to defend yourself and stay strong, because it’s difficult to move around especially when there are not enough economic resources. Now, the rent is really high and one has to earn at least $5,000, which is nearly impossible. Protections have supported me immensely because my economic situation has changed very much and knowing my rights and how to defend myself and how
to be stable in one place has supported me very much.”
— Beatriz Mendez, CJJC Member
“This report shows that there are many reasonable policies at the local and regional levels that can help hold back the tide of gentrification and modify the worst effects of urban transformation.”
—Dr. Richard Walker, Professor Emeritus of Geography, University of California, Berkeley
Buy the report now!